REGISTRATION FOR THE 2014 PROGRAM IS CLOSED
Please watch our site for details on the 2015 program which will be posted Spring, 2015
PLEASE CHECK THIS SITE FOR PROGRAM DETAILS AND FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR UPDATES!
EXPO: Monday July 7, 2014, Agricenter Int'l, 5-7pm
1st Training Session Monday, July 14th
Memphis Runners Track Club (MRTC) is proud to support women and running by hosting the 2014 Women Run/Walk Memphis 8-week training program (2010 RRCA Beginning Runner's Program Winner) with groups for Walkers, Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Runners, ending with the Graduation 5K for participants only on Saturday, September 6, 2014, 8am.
- Registration $35 prior to midnight, July 7, 2014
- Registration $40 after midnight, July 7, 2014
- Registration closes midnight, July 28, 2014 or when program maximum (1,500) is reached, whichever is first
- Registration includes once-weekly (Monday night) training sessions, a technical shirt and the Graduation 5K for participants only
- Any female age 10 and above is welcome
- WRWM will Kick-off with an Expo Monday, July 7, 5-7pm at Agricenter Int'l
- At the Expo you will have a chance to register (if you haven't already), meet the coaches and have any of your questions answered, purchase technical wear, learn from local running stores about shoes and proper running apparel and visit vendors and sponsors booths. To learn more, check the 2013 Expo Photos
- Pacing-oriented training begins July 14, 2014, meeting every Monday evening, 6:30pm, July - August (NO training on Labor Day)
- Please arrive early for announcements or speakers
- Locations are outlined on each group's page (links to the left)
- YES - you can miss training sessions if needed - just follow the training plan for that week as noted on the page for your group (links to the left)
Training will include information on topics such as:
~ Choosing the proper training program for your current abilities ~
~ Properly following your training program ~
~ Proper Form ~
~ Nutrition and Hydration ~
~ The importance of proper shoes and technical clothing ~
~ Warm Up/Cool Down/Stretching ~
The 'Graduation' 5K will be held Saturday, September 6th, 8am at Cancer Survivor's Park on the east side of Audubon Park & the Botanic Garends, at South Perkins across from Theater Memphis.
This race is open only to women who have registered for - and completed - the training program.
Please note that event communication will be via email, Facebook, and posted to this site.
If you include an email address on your registration and do not receive updates PLEASE CONTACT US.
Some business firewalls and/or spam filters will block our emails; MRTC and WRWM are not responsible for failure to receive our updates.